If you feel the need to hide your smile due to the appearance of your teeth, porcelain veneers may be able to help. Porcelain veneers mask dental flaws like discoloration and chipped teeth. To find out if porcelain veneers are right for you, we welcome you to contact Chicago cosmetic dentist Kenneth W. Coffey to schedule a consultation.
Dental Issues Corrected with Porcelain Veneers
Porcelain veneers are used to improve the appearance of the teeth. Porcelain veneers are thin, tooth-shaped fabrications that fit over the front facing teeth to hide dental flaws. There are many dental issues that can be corrected with porcelain veneers, such as:
- Discolored teeth: Some types of dental discoloration, like intrinsic stains, may not improve with teeth whitening treatments. Porcelain veneers can be crafted in any shade of white to improve the appearance of even the most severely discolored teeth.
- Irregularly shaped teeth: The appearance of pointed, jagged, or otherwise misshaped teeth can be improved with porcelain veneers.
- Gaps between teeth: Thanks to porcelain veneers, gaps between teeth can be closed quickly and easily.
- Mildly crooked teeth: The appearance of mildly misaligned teeth can be corrected with porcelain veneers treatment, which is why porcelain veneers are sometimes referred to as instant orthodontics.
- Undersized or oversized teeth: Teeth that are too large or too small can be corrected with porcelain veneers.
- Small cracks or chips: If left untreated, small chips or cracks can lead to severe dental damage. Porcelain veneers can be used to restore teeth damaged by small chips and cracks.
- Mild tooth decay: Porcelain veneers can mask mild tooth decay on the front facing teeth.
Candidates for Porcelain Veneers
Since porcelain veneers can treat such a wide variety of dental flaws, many patients are suitable candidates for treatment. Patients should have relatively healthy teeth and gums and experience one or more of the following:
- Unhappy with tooth shape: Patients who are unhappy with the shape of their teeth can benefit from porcelain veneers. Veneers can be crafted to any shape to improve dental appearance.
- Mildly damaged front facing teeth: Those who suffer from mild dental damage can see improved dental appearance with porcelain veneers.
- Mild misalignment: When used as instant orthodontics, porcelain veneers can drastically improve the appearance of mildly misaligned teeth in a fraction of the time of traditional orthodontics.
- Self conscious about tooth color: Discolored, yellowed teeth can make you feel self conscious about showing off your smile. Those with severely discolored teeth make great candidates for porcelain veneers.
- Wish to improve dental appearance: Porcelain veneers are crafted to any shape, size, or color, making them suitable for patients who are unhappy with the overall appearance of their teeth.
Schedule a Consultation
You can have a beautiful, flawless smile. Porcelain veneers treatment can give you the smile you've been dreaming about. Stop hiding your smile, find out if porcelain veneers are right for you. Schedule a consultation with Dr. Coffey today.