If crooked teeth have you feeling insecure about your smile, teeth straightening treatments may be right for you. Advances in dentistry have led to aesthetically pleasing treatment options, like Invisalign®, to create beautifully straight teethwithout the need formetal braces. If you're interested in teeth straightening treatments, contact our Chicago, IL practice to schedule a consultation with Dr. Kenneth W. Coffey.
Teeth Straightening Options
There are multiple options to correct or mask the appearance of crooked teeth. The treatment that is right for you will depend on the severity of your alignment issues, as well as your desired results. Some possible treatment options include:
- Invisalign® Treatment: Invisalign® treatment is a popular option for straightening the teeth because it allows patients to enjoy the benefits of traditional orthodontics without the need for metal braces. Invisalign® treatment accomplishes this through the use of a series of clear alignment trays. The trays are worn throughout the day and while sleeping to gently reposition the teeth. Invisalign® trays can be removed while eating and for ease of brushing and flossing.
- Porcelain Veneers as Instant Orthodontics: For those with mild alignment issues, porcelain veneers as instant orthodontics may be a suitable option. Porcelain veneers are thin, tooth-shaped fabrications that fit over the front surface of the teeth to hide flaws and improve the overall shape, size, and appearance of the teeth. When used as instant orthodontics, porcelain veneers mask the appearance of crooked teeth in as little as two dental appointments, unlike traditional orthodontics, which can take over 18 months to complete.
- Traditional Orthodontics: Traditional orthodontics treatment can improve the appearance and function of even the most misaligned teeth. Traditional orthodontics uses a bracket and wire system to gradually shift and adjust the alignment of the teeth over time. Traditional orthodontics is highly effective at adjusting the alignment of the teeth. However, the process may take as long as 48 months.
The Benefits of Teeth Straightening Treatment
Teeth straightening treatments can give you the confidence of a beautiful smile while also improving your oral health. Regardless of the type of teeth straightening treatment you choose, there are many benefits patients can expect to experience, such as:
- Improved appearance: Teeth straightening treatments improve the appearance of crooked, uneven teeth, which in turn helps improve the overall appearance of the smile.
- Increased confidence: A beautiful smile can help improve confidence and inspire patients to share their smile with the world.
- Improved oral hygiene: Crooked teeth can actually pose a risk to oral health. This is because crooked teeth often overlap one another. Properly brushing areas where the teeth overlap can be difficult. Straightening these areas allows ease of brushing and flossing.
- Improved dental function: Misaligned teeth can make biting and chewing difficult or uncomfortable. Straightening misaligned teeth can improve dental function by allowing the teeth to properly fit together.
Which Treatment Is Right for You?
To learn more about teeth straightening treatments or to find out which treatment is right for you, we welcome you to schedule a consultation with Dr. Coffey today.